Saturday 17 May 2008

50th Madonna!

I have just had a tiny conniption fit. I just read this"

"In a press conference held on October 19, 2007 reps. at Warner stated that the Reinvention Tour would be released as part of her 50th birthday celebration, among the releases will also be the remastered versions of her past tours."


Oh goody goody gum drops. Does this mean I will finally have "Blonde Ambition", "Who's That Girl", and "Like a Virgin" as well as "The Reinvention Tour". I think I may burst a blood vessel and die with happiness (honey, I want to be cremated or put on a raft and sent out to sea to be pecked by seagulls).

It got me thinking about what I would like to see come out of a 50th birthday celebration pack. Well obviously the tours.


(clockwise from top left: "The Virgin Tour", Who's That Girl Tour", "Blonde Ambition Tour", Reinvention Tour")

But I would also love to see some of the fun backstage footage you know were filmed (I am sure there are like 1,000,000 "Truth or Dare" outtakes) and even some of those spectacular video screen images used, but without the live performance. Some of those video's were art in themselves.


(clockwise from top left: "Forbidden Love" from "Confessions Tour", "Paradise (Not for Me)" from "Drowned World Tour", "Vogue" from "Reinvention Tour", "Future Lovers" from "Confessions Tour")

I am also hoping for a whole slew of new remixed versions of some of her older hits, as well as new mixes of her later hits. Sometimes a remixer can turn an ok Madonna track into something so special.
I would also love to hear some of the recorded, but unreleased tracks. We have heard some of these appear on b-sides, such as "Superpop", "History", Fighting Spirit" and "Your Honesty" but how about some of the others that were never released. Warner should clean these up and release them as a CD, just for the curious like me.


From left to right and colour coded:
Blue: "Shame" - 'Erotica' outtake.
Yellow: "Keep the Trance" - 'Confessions on a Dance Floor' outtake
Green: "Like a Flower" - 'Ray of Light' outtake
Pink: "Revenge" - 'Ray of Light' outtake
Purple: "Gone Gone Gone" - 'Ray of Light' outtake
Green: "Like a Flower" - 'Ray of Light' outtake


What would you all like to see as a celebratory release??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love back stage stuff a la Truth or Dare.
I would also love to see some more rehearsal stuff for her tours.

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

I have always loved Revenge, even if it's one of her lamest, less subtle kabbalah lessons, it's also a hell of a track to dance to.

Michael Parsons said...

Revenge was awesome. I remember when I first hear it and thought I was the new track for American Life. I was so excited!

Anonymous said...

I don't want to burst your bubble but I also saw this on wikipedia and have a feeling its fake. But hey we can dream!