Tuesday 13 May 2008

"Faith"

Ok, I know I am going to sound like such a geek, but the latest episode of "Battlestar Galactica" shook me to my core. I have great faith in things like karma, but, as with us all, my faith gets questioned from time to time.
This is one of the first times I have seen it done so on television so eloquently. This spectacular show questions everything from morality, identity, religion, loyalty and now faith.
If you don't watch this show, sorry for the pics and dialog spoilers....click away now!



Sharon Agathon: You guys make me sick.
Eight: Why?
Agathon: Because you pick your side and you stick. You don't cut and run when things get ugly. Otherwise you'll never have anything. No love. No family. No life to call your own.





Natalie: Why sister?
Six: I just couldn't let it go. On New Caprica.
Natalie: She was the one?
Six: I never did anything to her. We were working at the water treatment plant and she just.
Natalie: I know, I remember. After you downloaded we tried to work through this.
Six: How do you work through something like that? I'll never forget her expression as she tried to scream. She just slapped tape over my mouth and through me in the septic tank. I still see her face when I try to sleep. We tried to help these people.
Natalie: I know, I wish there was something I could do.
Six: I'm glad it's you.



Hybrid: The children of the one reborn shall find their own country.


Laura Roslin: You're like my mother. She wasn't satisfied with metaphors either. She was convinced that Aphrodite herself was gonna swoop her away when she died. And she believed it even when the diloxin and the radiation failed to stop her cancer. She was a teacher! She was... oh, she was something to behold. And the head of a classroom. And her students— Her students loved her. They'd walk through fire for her and then they see this woman who seemed so eternal. She withered away and I find myself having to change her diaper because she couldn't even— At the moment she died there was no gleaming fields of Elysium stretched out before her. There was this dark, black abyss. And she was terrified. She was so scared.



Hybrid: Thus will it come to pass, a dying leader will know the truth of the Opera House, the missing Three will give you the five who have come from the home of the thirteenth. You are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end. End of line.


Laura Roslin: Bill, look at me. I'm right here. Right here. We're going to find it.
Bill Adama: Earth?
Laura Roslin: Together.
Bill Adama: I used to think it was such a pipe dream. I used to use it as a carrot for the fleet.
Laura Roslin: What made you change?
Bill Adama: You. You made me believe.



I know the Emmy's will never reward this show as they should so I will not bother with a pathetic FYC ad for them. However I am going to put loads of faith the HFPA (Golden Globes) to award the series in January. Please award The show, Mary McDonnell, Edward James Olmos, Grace Park, Tricia Helfer, Katee Sackhoff and Aaron Douglas.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This show just leaves me speechless.

My jaw was wide open the entire time. I am glad you gave Park a shout out. She and Helfer have such difficult parts to play since they have dual roles, which they play expertly.

"The Children of the one reborn shall find their own country." Would that be Baltar and his followers? Do they have a separate path?

so many questions!