Saturday 10 May 2008

Could these shes be any more cooler

As this is kind of the dry part of the year, until the Cannes tornado hit, I have been focusing a lot on my second love....Music.

After being left a little, shall we say blah, after my Queens latest effort, I have been divulging in some of the other up and coming female artists that have been making the music industry buzz.

Firstly check out the freakishly sexy beauty Ebony Bones (pictured)! She is one hot chick, and she rules this boys planet (thanks for the tip Andra!)

If you have yet to hear Santogold's album you are doing yourself a disservice.
To compare her to other is insulting to her uniqueness, but people do need comparisons, so imagine M.I.A., Sid Vicious and early No Doubt put in a blender, then poured on top of crushed ice with a dash of tequila and you are coming close to understanding her genius.
Everyone else is comparing her to M.I.A., and I do see it in a few tracks, but they are both totally different.
Anywhooo the album is bloody fantastic.
Buy it!

Lastly, I have been missing the music video. Remember when it used to be used properly. It used to be an art form. Now it is tits and minge in cling film.
However Swedish sensation Robyn has been making some fantastic videos. These are videos that use the imagination, humor, visuals and sometimes a message to visually interpret her music.

I love her use of visuals to beats in the average girl anthem "Who's That Girl".



The visual gag real that is "Konichiwa Bitches" is brilliant.



Lastly, I want her to release Cobra Style just to see what she does with the video. It would be HOT.

No comments: