Thursday 30 October 2008

Pursuing J-Lo

Jennifer Lopez dropped out of the lead role in 'Love And Other Impossible Pursuits'.

Now before I get into the other news, let me just contemplate the above sentence.

Is the news "Jennifer Lopez dropped out of the lead role in...." ever bad news?

No?
Well then I am happy to report on some good news for you.

It gets better though.
It turns out that Natalie Portman has leapt in, and at the last minute as the film starts shooting on November 10.

Portman will play Emilia, a young wife whose life and marriage stall after the cot death of her infant daughter. She is still, however, stepmother to her husband Jack's son William, and under the disapproving eye of his mother and the increasingly distant eye of her husband Jack, she has to try to put her life back together.

Sounds like it is just a budget decrease away from a Lifetime original movie, but apparently the book by Ayelet Waldham is very sharp and very funny, and it is being directed by Don "The Opposite of Sex" Roos.
Rumored to be playing Jack is Scott Cohen (not sure either), and alss rumored, in the role of Caroline (the mother) is Lisa Kudrow. OH YES PLEASE!!!

Added to this another juicy role for Portman, I am excited to see how this product turns out. She is one of those young actresses that constantly chooses roles that appeal to her instead of big money pictures (I am pretending the 'Star Wars' prequels do not exist).

Lets hope this hits the highs of 'Sex' cause I for one would love to see Kudrow with another juicy role as big as her talent.



Perhaps J-Lo should not consider acting........and other impossible pursuits anymore.

1 comment:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

I LOVE Kudrow with Roos.
She was fantastic in Happy Endings as well and she is altogether a very good actress. I just bought myself the dvds of The Comeback and I die a little bit every time I remember how that Seinfeld woman stole Lisa's Emmy!
If there has been a more brilliant comedic performance on TV this decade, I've still to see it (Tina Fey in 30 Rock comes a close second...)