Saturday 7 February 2009

Bale Schmale

So these Christian Bale rants and hurls of abuse have been going around the net. I have received them in emails with subject likes like "What a Twat" and "Such an Asshole".
I wasn't going to write about it until I received my 7th email (at work of all places) on the subject.

People need to get over themselves. I have behaved like a right twat to my loved one before (sorry honey), but I am not a celebrity so I doubt there is ever anyone recording it.
This happens all the time in Hollywood and people get up on their high horses and judge. I mean lets face facts, we are all living in glass houses throwing stones.

Sure Christian lost it. But he has apologized for it, the guy the rants were aimed at doesn't care. It is over. Why do people give a f*ck?

I love movies, and I especially love good actors. I do not care if Russell Crowe throws a phone at a hotel worker or Lily Tomlin and David O. Russell f*ck each other off or Alec Baldwin calls his daughter a 'little pig'. Why should I? I do not live their lives. I just care about what they put out on screen.

I mean I love 'Dancer in the Dark', even though I know Lars Von Trier treated Bjork like crap on the set. He still got magic out of her and the end result was sublime.

All I know is that the Bale incident happened last summer and it is finally making it's way onto the internet now, just after 'The Dark Knight' lost out on an Oscar nomination and is getting even more hype and his next film 'Terminator: Salvation' hits theaters this summer. Nice coincidence.

We do like to bring them down when they are on top don't we.

As for me, I couldn't give two shits really. He is a good actor and a hot one at that. I do like a man with a bit of fire in him.


2 comments:

mB said...

Totally agree.

What really enraged me was that this tape leaked out in the first place! Whoever did that (publicist or not) SHOULD be done professionally with Mr Bale.

feenixboi said...

We love to put our idols onto a high pedestal so that they have further to fall when they do. This is especially true of Brit culture where we hate celebrities to get too big for themselves. It's a shame. The guy's human. Yeah he acted like a twat - so what. I hate shit like this. The double spread pages of gossip in the Metro I just skip right on past. It's vacuous nonsense.