Tuesday 3 February 2009

Music Tuesday Interrupted!

Lionsgate has stepped in and acquired distribution on 'Push: Based on the Novel by Sapphire'.
Of course I am over the moon that the film has found distribution, but I am concerned a little bit when looking at it's filmography.

However they paid upwards of $5,000,000 for the film (the biggest buy from Sundance) and are planning to distribute it this year, which means they honestly believe they have something special.

Added to this it seems that Queen Oprah has stepped in and, along with Tyler Perry, have joined forces to promote the film through their respective companies.
You know this will get the promotion it deserves, and bigger than I am sure even Lee Daniels could have imagined.
Good on Oprah is all I have to say!

To quote Oprah:
"I've never seen anything like it. The moment I saw 'Push: Based on the Novel by Sapphire,' I knew I wanted to do whatever I could to encourage other people to see this movie. The film is so raw and powerful -- it split me open,"
Thi film is going to be release and be seen. I am one happy little pumpkin. This added to the fact yesterday I had my first ever snow day in my life, makes it one hell of a week!

1 comment:

feenixboi said...

Just started reading this...am excited about the movie