Monday 2 February 2009

I Love Alice.

Alice is one of the personalities who inhabit Tara (aka God aka Toni Collette) and she is a brilliant creation. !960's homemaker, but with a serious dark side.

She comes to Tara aid just in time to visit her son Marshall's English teacher who has been singling him out.


Alice: "Why I won't be about a minute. I came by to drop off some treats for the bake sale and figured while i was here I would POP in and meet my boys teacher. Mr Gershenoff, it is SUCH a pleasure."

Mr Gershenoff: "Thank you".

Alice: "We're so very worried about our Marshall. Should we be concerned?"

Mr Gershenoff: "Um..Marshall's a unique challenge."

Alice: "And what about your challenges?"

Mr. Gershenoff: "Sorry?"

Alice: Oh Mr. Gershenoff, I feel so formal. May I call you by your first name? What is your first name?"

Mr. Gershenoff: "Oral."


Alice: "Mr. Gershenoff, we all know what this is really about.........Being different. And you out of anyone must understand.

Poor little Oral Gershenoff, sitting in the back of the class with funny hair and his funny name....

...day dreaming about sports he would never play, and girls he would never touch.
You know pandering to the football captains and prom queens of today won't take away the pain of yesterday......


....they can't appreciate you right now any more than they did back then.....and taking it out on the weird kid, won't help that weird kid....

...in there. It's time to start loving Oral"

SNAP!!! I now declare Toni Collette as GOD. Bow down to her powers.

5 comments:

mB said...

God that was an amazing scene!
Love Toni, and yes Alice is awesome.

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

I've yet to see this episode, but I'm in love with Tara.
If that Emmy goes to someone like Julia Louis Dreyfus this year I'll implode.
Oh and is it OK if I also bow to Madge and Meryl?

Michael Parsons said...

Of course Jose. We are like the 12 colonies. Praise be to Gods

Peter Chan said...

I tried to watch Toni Collette's portrayal as Alice separately, but all I could think of is Bree Van De Vamp is so much more badass.

feenixboi said...

I'm loving the show but am hoping to see more of an edge to it. Especially in her relationships to her kids and husband. It would be really interesting to have the hubbie have an affair with one of the alters for example. Also am hoping to see a few more alters appear. They haven't said specifically that there are only 3 so here's hoping for some wacked out characters later on down the line. Go Toni