Tuesday 14 October 2008

Unlike the Greek, The Oscars has no true mythology. All we have are witches and fairies.

Well f*ck-a-doodle-dee. My poll has disappeared. That bloody well suck ass, as I had not made of note of what each of the actresses got.
All I know is that the eventual winner was miles ahead of the pack.

With a disappointing fifth place finish was dear ole Susan Sarandon for ‘Lorenzo’s Oil’. This is a film I recently watched and really do not get this nomination.

In forth place Michelle Pfeiffer in ‘Love Field’. This may be my favourite performance of Michelle’s so kind of sad to have seen it so low.

Third place finds the lovely Catherine Deneuve for ‘Indochine’. I was convinced she would walk away with this. Either her or

Our second place finisher, Mary McDonnell in ‘Passion Fish’. President Roslin could not even come close to beating the eventual winner, and the winner of the Oscar

Emma Thompson in ‘Howards End’.

I do love my Emma. She is just one of those instantly likeable actresses that seems to be free of vanity.
However I have not seen this film, so I cannot judge. I have seen all the other nominees, hence my voting for Mary. I had gotten confused and rented ‘The Remains of the Day’ thinking she won for that, and greatly enjoyed the film, but that was really Anthony Hopkins movie (no Tom Hanks…you were not better!).

So now I have to see ‘Howards End’, But I hear it is a good ‘un.

Now for the next poll. It seems blogger does not like me posting in the side bare, so I will just have the poll in the post.

Who should have won the Oscar in 1992:




No comments: