Saturday 8 November 2008

Alphabet Meme - or how I've been tagged!

The lovely and amazing mB over at A Blog Next Door and the delicious Dame James Henry over at Rants of a Diva tagged me to take part in the Alphabet MeMe started by Blog Cabins.
First I thought....can I find any movie I LOVE beginning with 'X', but then that ruins the whole fun of it - you sometimes have to grasp at straws.
So I began compiling my list and went through my DVD collect (which...of course..is alphabetized. 'D' was hard as was most of the first half of the alphabet.

Firstly here are the rules:

1. Pick one film to represent each letter of the alphabet.

2. The letter "A" and the word "The" do not count as the beginning of a film's title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don't know of any films with those titles.

3. Return of the Jedi belongs under "R," not "S" as in Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi. This rule applies to all films in the original Star Warstrilogy; all that followed start with "S." Similarly, Raiders of the Lost Arkbelongs under "R," not "I" as in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Conversely, all films in the LOTR series belong under "L" and all films in theChronicles of Narnia series belong under "C," as that's what those filmmakers called their films from the start. In other words, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release. Use your better judgement to apply the above rule to any series/films not mentioned.

4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number's word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under "T."

5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type "alphabet meme" into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King of Google.

6. If you're selected, you have to then select 5 more people.


HERE ARE MINE!

All About Eve
Babe
The Color Purple
Dancer in the Dark
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Fly Away Home
Grease
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
The Iron Giant
Jaws
Kill Bill vol 1
Lovely and Amazing
Moulin Rouge!
The Namesake
The Opposite of Sex
The Parent Trap
Quiz Show
Ratatouille
The Silence of the Lambs
Thelma and Louise
Urbania
Volver
What's Love Got to do With it.
Xman 2 - Xmen United
Y tu Mama Tambien
Zodiac



A few family films, a couple of musicals. I have nothing to be ashamed of with this list I feel. Yay me.

I am only supposed to forward this to 5 people....but I am such a rebel. I choose six.

Fataculture
Mainly Movies
Movies Kick Ass
Strange Culture
The Cellar Door
The Rural Juror

No comments: