Friday 7 November 2008

Um....what?

Ok let me get this out the way. 'All About Eve' is a classic movie. It is also a film that is still completely relevant today with its look at the life span of an Actress (just look how many great older actresses find those good roles so elusive (Joan Allen, Brenda Blethyn, Debra Winger, Angela Bassett to name but a very few) while younger hot 'actresses' get roles a plenty (I could do another role call but I really do not want to overly depress myself).

So why oh why are they doing a remake?

However the casting is kind of cool. In the Margo Channing role we have Annette Benning (she will tear that role up) and now as Eve Baxter we have Felicity herelf, Keri Russell. Added to the cast are Angela Lansbury (yay), Cynthia Nixon (just felt a twinge of orgasmic joy), Joel Grey (heeee) and Jennifer Tilly! (oh dear I need a napkin).

You all know my love for Jennifer, so this excited me no end! However who is directing? Who is writing? Does anyone have any more information?

3 comments:

mB said...

Are you talking about the screenplay reading that is happening on Nov 10th in NYC?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Gdt6SgFdNNw/SQyIy_0fYQI/AAAAAAAAJlU/54Uw3iuWIxc/s1600-h/allabouteve_reading.jpg
Or a film spawning from this reading...?

Michael Parsons said...

I am talking about it all! I am so out of the loop.

Michael Parsons said...

Ok....confused now. Is it just a reading, or is there a film being made?

This was in the movie news section of Variety.......Did they trick me?