Tuesday 20 January 2009

Madonna remixed

So I am supposed to be talking about music on Tuesdays, but I have been having a slow music week, due to the excitement of the Oscars, Sundance and general movie fabulousness.
However I have made a pact with myself that Tuesday is Music Day. But what to post about? I have not gotten any new music (a total lie..I have but just not listened to it yet) so why not spend the day revisiting my lovely lady friend Madonna, specifically some of those remixes that lurk around out there that take a well loved song and give it a new lease of life.

This is without a doubt my favourite Madonna song. ‘Like a Prayer’ is perhaps the perfect pop song ever. Most of the remixes went straight for the clubs, except for the Church-a-pella remix which went straight to the alter



‘Erotica’ has always been one of my fav’s. I just sounds like sex, dark and naughty sex. When she remixed it for the Confessions Tour with ‘Sorry’ and the original version of ‘Erotica’, ‘You Thrill Me’, the end result was sensational. It went from a raw and carnal make out track to a sensual seduction.



And so begins the sound that William Orbit would not be able to let go of when working with Madonna. When William remixed his collaboration on Madonna’s ‘Ray of Light’ he added a guitar giving the song a swirling 60’s vibe. This would turn out to be a sound he couldn’t let go of on ‘Beautiful Stranger’ through to ‘Amazing’. It never sounded better on the ‘Ray of Light’ liquid mix.



Many wanna be DJ’s try and remix Madonna tracks. One of the best is Ornique, who took ‘Love Profusion’ and took it back with the retro sound Madonna and William Orbit used. Here is becomes a song you wanna travel at fast speeds to, but while looking at beautiful scenery.



She needs to re-record these and release them as singles so I can shake my shimmy on a dancefloor to them. BRILLIANT!



No comments: