Saturday 28 July 2007

I don’t care if he’s the Green Bee

Seth Rogen is in final negotiations to star as the Green
Hornet in a Columbia Pictures movie about the crime-fighting hero.

Really? Is he going to go n a huge work out mission to turn the flabby barrel into a delicious sculpted physique?
To be fair I have not seen “Knocked Up” to pass judgement, but I am still apprehensive. I was not a big fan of “The 40 Year Old Virgin”, but then again these movies are not aimed at me.

Rogen is also set to co-write and co-executive produce along with writing partner Evan Goldberg. So I guess it will take a comedy slant after all, which could be a good thing if done right, and not too campy.
Apparently after the success of “Knocked Up” projects that Seth Rogen writes and stars are said to be in the $8,000,000 range. Again…REALLY???

From the Hollywood Reporter:

The Green Hornet is about Britt Reid, a playboy who inherits his father's crusading newspaper, the Daily Sentinel, and fights crime by night with his sidekick, the martial arts master Kato. The concept started out as a radio serial and was popularized in a 1966 ABC series starring Van Williams as the Hornet and Bruce Lee as Kato.

3 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Don't care much about Seth either, but I'm dying to see who they cast as Kato!

Michael Parsons said...

A woman would be fantastic!!
Michelle Yeoh!

Poli said...

Seth Rogan as The Green Hornet doesn't seem like a good fit to me. But who knows? I'll wait until I see a trailer.