Monday 5 January 2009

Mini Review ‘Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’

I am going to try and keep these reviews as short as possible for 09. If you want to read great reviews go to Fataculture or Movies Kick Ass.

Ok, so I had heard terrible things about this film, so didn’t go to see it in the cinema. The bf is a big fan so when he opened his blu-ray disc he threw it in the machine and we sat back and watched it.

You know what. I really enjoyed it. It took me back to the simpler time of my youth and recaptured the excitement of those long ago days. Sure the film is not perfect, but it is true to the legacy. People complained that the plot line was silly, but in all seriousness, are any of the plots of the first three films really that brilliant? No, they were about entertainment and set pieces that made your jaw drop.

Of course I am older and it takes a lot more to make my jaw drop, and to be honest, that is kind of sad. It was a film made with love, and you can really tell, so for that, and for making me remember a time when a rollicking adventure film was pure movie magic.

B+

No comments: