Monday 5 January 2009

The Producers Guild Awards Announce


And really they are just so zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I mean they could have shaken things up a little. This damn animated category is getting like foreign film, dump the films in there to keep them from shining where they really belong.

Anyway, here are the nominees:
Feature Film:

Slumdog Millionaire
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Milk
Frost/Nixon
The Dark Knight

Animated:

Wall-E
Bolt
Kung-Fu Panda

Documentary:

Man on Wire
Trouble the Water
Standard Operating Procedure

Have these old men no sense of adventure?

3 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Oh G-d don't even remind me about this...they were just so awful!
I hadn't been as turned off during awards season since '05.
I've still to see "Slumdog" and "Benjamin" which I plan to do before the Globes... but ask me if I'm dying to do so and I'll answer a big fat no.
Yay! for "Wall-E" though.

RC said...

sounds like the academy line up -- you're right ...no adventure what so ever...

they probably felt bold with their dark knight choice.

Michael Parsons said...

The thing is, there are so many deserving films they could have chosen, just to shake up the race a little.
'Happy-Go-Lucky', 'WALL-E', 'Iron Man', heck, even a nod for one of the Eastwood films would have made things interesting.