Saturday 21 February 2009

My Oscar Predicitions

Or how I need to shake things up myself, other wise I will die of boredom. Can it really be this predictable?

Best Picture:
"Slumdog Millionaire."
I mean is there any doubt?
Best Actor:
Mickey Rourke, "The Wrestler."


Penn won too recently and honestly Rourke is sensational in the role. Either way they made the right decision.
Best Actress:
Melissa Leo, "Frozen River"*; 


She is really the best in this category (IMHO) and I think she could sneak in. HA!
Best Supporting Actor:
Heath Ledger, "The Dark Knight"; 


If this doesn't happen, may God have mercy on their souls....all I am saying.
Best Supporting Actress:
Viola Davis, "Doubt";
Just a hunch...in the Obama light I have a hunch. A close call, but I do need some upsets*.
Best Director:
Danny Boyle, "Slumdog Millionaire."


I am not crazy. If I predict anyone else I will look ready for the white van.
Best Foreign Film:
"Waltz With Bashir," Israel.


The triple threat takes it.
Best Adapted Screenplay:
Simon Beaufoy, "Slumdog Millionaire."


I mean it won everything else.
Best Original Screenplay:
Andrew Stanton, Jim Reardon and Pete Docter, "WALL-E."


Here is where it breaks tradition.
Best Animated Feature Film:
"WALL-E."


YAY
Best Art Direction:
"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," 


Meh.
Best Cinematography:
"Slumdog Millionaire."


Meh
Best Sound Mixing:
"The Dark Knight,"
Shot in the dark here
Best Sound Editing:
"WALL-E," 


See above.
Best Original Score:
"Slumdog Millionaire," A.R. Rahman; 


You know what....I kind of want Slumdog to win this one. yay for Bollywood
Best Original Song:
"Jai Ho" from "Slumdog Millionaire," A.R. Rahman and Gulzar;


You know they wanna dance around to this on the night.
Best Costume:
"The Duchess,"
I mean they were scrumptious!
Best Documentary Feature:
"Trouble the Water."


I am going with the more loved.
Best Documentary (short subject):
"The Conscience of Nhem En,"
No I haven't seen it, but that part of history is just SHOCKING.
Best Film Editing:
"Slumdog Millionaire."


They convince so many it was a brilliant film, and you know that is thanks to the editors.
Best Makeup:
"Hellboy II: The Golden Army."
I mean come on!!!
Best Animated Short Film:
"Presto,"
Presto! all the way. Pixar gets another!!
Best Live Action Short Film:
"Spielzeugland (Toyland)."
Holocaust...never bet against it
Best Visual Effects:
"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,"
Every single actor will want to look young again.

*If I go with my head every year I will be right 9 times out of 10 but it is oh so boring.
I know these are not who is going to win, but limbs are there for us to go out on, other wise what is the fun.
As Sasha would say "NO GUTS NO GLORY"
With a race as predictable as this I am looking forward to be wrong...on both levels.

1 comment:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Happy Oscar day Mike!
Hope you have fun and let me know how those drinks went!