Friday 25 September 2009

‘Burlesque’

How have I not heard of this?

My word, has my radar for all things ultra queer gone off? I did eat subway last night, which I am sure if affecting me in ways that will have long term repercussions.

Apparently There is a movie musical being made about a burlesque club owner on Sunset Boulevard who takes a young girl under her wing- with most likely the same results we have seen a million times (unless they go all ‘All About Eve’ on us)

So far so dull – apart from the burlesque part.

What is interesting is that Stanley Tucci has signed on as the Club Manager. The protégée is going to be played by Christina Aguilera (oh God, I was just reminded of this - BRILLIANT!!) and the club owner is none other than Cher.

It is like some bizarre dream - with extra sequins and minge – I cannot wait.

Apparently Susannah Grant who wrote ‘Erin Brockovich’ is polishing the script. Oh goody, music, sequins, minge and swearing. Sign me up (minus the minge - obviously).

Let’s just hope that Christina has gained some weight and they do not decide to do her up as in the ‘Lady Marmalade’ video for ‘Moulin Rouge!’.
She kind of looked like some kind of deranged stick insect whore with really big hair.

1 comment:

Andrew K. said...

How the hell did I miss this? Aguilera I think has the sort of charm to pull of an acting role and burlesque? Yum! Tucci great.I hope Cher goes a la The Witches of Eastwick it's the only role I really loved her in...and Susanah is not a bad scribe. I wonder who's directing...

PS. She did look like an angry wasp in Lady Marmalade...but she was looking fuller in Back to Basics.